Monday, May 28, 2012

What is in a year

I got to go running, by myself and my ipod, for the first time in about a month. It was the highlight of the last many weeks. I love being outside, in the sunshine and in the woods, running. It is truly one of my favorite things in the world to do and renews me in a way nothing else does.
I thought about last year on Memorial day, I also went running at Lincoln Park. The trail 1/2 marathon was coming up in June. I was pregnant but didn't even know it yet. I could run mile after mile and was in the best shape since having Luca. Today I couldn't run super long, but I enjoyed every moment. Crazy to think of what this last year has held, finding out about our pregnancy, carrying and delivering a beautiful, healthy baby girl, and now recovered from the delivery and our whole Philly trip. I am so grateful for Juliette and so glad she is here! I love having her in our family and can't imagine it without her now. And I am glad I have been able to get back to running so quickly after her birth. Now...to get back in shape so I can run longer than 15 mins;)

1 comment:

  1. Your comments love of being outside is shared! Mom and I just ran together this AM. The trip to Chad was exhausting....and not at all conducive to running.

    ReplyDelete