Saturday, December 3, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas

I have found that preparing for Christmas has been more excited for me this year than ever before! It is so much fun to experience the excitement of the season through a child's eyes. The lights, music, decorations, and preparations of celebrating the birth of our King. We got a tree earlier this year than every before in my life. I am usually not ready for Christmas stuff until about the middle of December, but this year has been different. I am not annoyed that the Christian radio station is playing Christmas music already because as it turns out Luca loves Christmas music. He asks me to sing along with it and if I am not singing loud enough, he asks me to sing louder! I cherish these days because I know it won't be long before he asks me not to sing along with the music at all. Anyway, picking out a Christmas tree and decorating it was a lot of fun with Luca. He keeps asks me, "who got this Christmas tree for me, mommy?" Like it IS his Christmas present. I do tell him it is for our whole family to enjoy and it is from mommy and daddy.
One reason we got the tree early is that Luca and I leave for Germany on Wed. to celebrate a little early with my parents and my sister. We are also getting to visit John's sister, Heidi and her family , and John's dad, Grandpa Walker. We get back on Dec. 20th and that doesn't leave much time to set up a tree while recovering from jet leg etc. I am excited for Luca to get to see his relatives and for me to get a little break...in Kandern. I have so many wonderful memories of Christmas in Kandern, I can't wait to be back there and to show one of my hometowns to Luca! John is staying home to go to work and to hopefully make progress on the basement project. Looking forward to seeing what he has done while we are away for almost two weeks! We are sure going to miss him and glad we will be home to spend Christmas together which he has off this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment