Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Walking

Walking....is something we can't wait for Luca to be able to do. There is a phrase we hear a lot around here, "I want walking...I want walking...I want walking." I am sure you can guess who says it. Luca still needs a lot of help walking. Our backs hurt, we are tired and wondering how much longer until Luca can walk on his own? How much longer can we wait? We are gripping Luca's hands or arms as firm as we can, he is leaning back on us, unstable, and unbalanced, wobbly, yet the most motivated Walker you will ever find. As bad as I want him to walk, he wants it even more. He is willing to do whatever it takes to learn. And just when I think, oh, maybe Luca will want a break he shouts, "I want running." This kid is something else and I can't wait for the day when I get to see him walk and run all by himself!

We are also thankful for the extra set of hands that are helping us during this time, a huge thanks to my dad, our friends and family, and PT.

1 comment:

  1. I'm coming Luca! (Mommy and Daddy are probably glad too.) I was disappointed to only be able to come for two and a half days but my back may tell me that it is a good thing. :) Love you, Nana Walker

    ReplyDelete