Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year

I definitely feel like it is a new year....and I am excited about 2011. As I think back to the start of 2010 I want to highlight a few things that happened last year which will in turn make 2011 a potentially good year:

2010
The house project began and got (pretty much) completed....2011 We get to enjoy living in our house

Luca had around 16 sets of casts and foot surgery................Luca will hopefully learn to walk

Luca is learning to talk...........................................................Luca can communicate with us

On-going PT, OT visits with Boyer therapists.......................Luca continues to become more indep.

Strengthened friendships, getting to know neighbors..............Stronger community

New ER job for John................................................................. Greater work satisfaction

Priority on marriage..................................................................Stronger relationship

Desire to run more (Katie).......................................................Motivation to train for 1/2 marathon

I don't want to be overly optimistic the 2011 is going to be the "perfect" year because life is just not perfect, the challenges, grief and joys come all mixed together but I can see some great areas of progress in our lives and am grateful for the areas of growth this past year.

2 comments:

  1. Here's to a great 2011 and giving thanks for the trials and growth of 2010 so that we can appreciate looking back in 2011. I truly hope that 2011 has more time with you all! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! I would love to see more of you! Maybe we can start running together!!!

    ReplyDelete