Sunday, January 2, 2011

Two Years Ago...

Exactly two years ago we had our first ultrasound of Luca. We emailed many of you this:

Today we had our baby boy's first ultrasound. What we thought would be
one of the greatest days of our lives had turned out to be very
difficult. The
ultrasound showed a low level of amniotic fluid and
abnormalities with the baby's extremities. Please pray with us for
emotional strength and difficult decisions we will face. It
maybe some type of chromosomal abnormality. We don't know too many
other details. Love, john and Katie
I wanted to thank you for your many encouraging emails you sent us that day.

Dear Katie and John,
We sincerely ache with you. Mom and I just prayed for you, for the baby, and for ourselves.
We'd like to talk with you, whenever you feel you can talk.
Our sincere love and continued prayers.
Dad and Mom

Hi guys,
Thanks for including us on this email. We've shed some tears for you
and are keeping you and your little baby in our prayers...I am sure
you guys have quite a mix of emotions...we pray for God's provision in
a thousand ways today.

Call us whenever you want.

Love,
Jamie and Andy

We love you. We're praying,
Mom

Oh Katie and John,
Our hearts are heavy as we read this news. Eric and I prayed for all three of you - we love you so deeply and ask God to protect this special baby boy that He has created for you to take care of. All I would want today is to be with you, hug you, pray with you, cry with you and encourage you.
I pray that the Lord would take captive your anxious and worried thoughts.
I will try to call you later just to talk, not to ask questions, but if you don't feel like talking, I totally understand.
I love you dear sister more than myself. And I love this baby with my whole heart.
Our love and prayers,
Betsy and Eric

Katie and John,

Meagan and I are so sorry to hear this news. We are praying for you, and wish we lived close by so we could give you a hug and help with the move, especially in light of this new information...We will be praying for a miracle.
Love you,
Josh and Meg

Dearest John & Katie~
This is very hard news. I am crying with you and will be praying for you and your baby. Katie I just left you a message too but if you want I'd love to come over and give you a hug before I leave for anacortes (I'm picking Nora up at 4 at my house). At any rate, know that you are all definitely surrounded by prayers and I'm hoping for an amazing dose of strength for you as you move this weekend and adjust to this development. We [all who love you] will get through this hard time together.
Love
Mari

Oh Katie and John,
Please know that we are praying for much grace, wisdom and strength for you both.
in Jesus,
Love, Janet

Hi John and Katie,
Thanks for writing and letting us know about the ultrasound. I'm sure it's a lot to process. We will be praying for you and for your baby boy. (I would have been more surprised if you wrote that it was a girl). We will pray for wisdom and God's grace. We love you and already love the little boy He is growing in Katie.
Love,
Heather and Moises

THANKS 2 Tons for calling....we love you dearly and you now that we will pray and pray and pray for your little guy and for you Katie and John...The Lord will not give us more than we can handle...but the load can get heavy. We will be on our knees as we lift you all up to our Lord.
XXOO times 3,
Dad

Hi Katie and John - my heart is breaking for you. Uncertainty is a terrible place to be. We are praying for all three of you. If you need to talk or need help or just want company at any time LET ME KNOW!
love,
Tavia (and Caleb and Magdalene)

Hi John and Katie,

I just wanted you to know that we are thinking of you and praying for you. We can't imagine how difficult this time is for you. Briant and I spent a while praying for the 3 of you yesterday. I would have called but didn't think you would want to talk to anyone yet. We love you!

Harmony

Hi Katie,

I love you, first of all! Second of all, I am praying for you and John. You must be worried and uncertain, but know that God doesn't make mistakes and your boy is perfect in His eyes! I hope this doesn't sound like I am minimizing anything. I would be just as nervous and concerned as you. I pray that He will give you courage, strength, and a peace that surpasses all understanding. I wish that I could be there to hug you and talk. Do you have skype? We could talk tonight or tomorrow night if you want!

Love you very much!

Brooke




3 comments:

  1. "Memories serve as a handmaid to faith." C.S. Lewis
    Thxs for the posts...and the memories. Painful but precious.
    From France

    ReplyDelete
  2. We remember that email all too well. I still have the first two sentences memorized. And we ached for you and with you, wished we were there for you. We prayed for you, and have cried many times since then. At the same time, I am so thankful for all the miracles God has done in Luca...and ALL of our lives since then.

    That is why I think it is so wonderful that you do take the time to remember! It gives us the opportunity to glorify God, and to be encouraged in our walks with Him. It also reminds me of the ways he has tried to "re-shape" and "mold" me in ways that I don't want to bend.

    Love you both!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete