Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Favorite Place in Seattle



What a glorious day to spend at my favorite place in Seattle, Discovery Park. The weather today was sunny, 57 degrees, and beautiful. John was working today and I was geared up to go on a big walk by myself, bringing along my cell phone and my Ipod in case I got lonely or needed help:) The trees were starting to bud and the spring flowers were beautiful. I heard the birds singing and saw about 100 sailboats racing on the sound. I think I would live right next to the park if I could. I thought I could do the 5 mile loop no problem, I mean, I am walking after all not running. I got about half way and I was both tired and hungry. So I laid down on a bench and took a break. The last haul up through the meadow was exhausting but wonderful. Next time, I will at least pack a snack and some water but maybe it will be when I have a little guy strapped on my back (or someone else:) instead of in my belly. I am thankful for this place to be "out of the city" without going too far. I didn't take these pictures myself, but this is what the park looks like in case you haven't have the opportunity to visit lately.

4 comments:

  1. 5 miles? I can't walk through the grocery store without having contractions! I would love to go walking in a beautiful park like that. It must have been a great day. I'm also hoping that I can get out and walk/jog around after the baby. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I miss discovery park! Would've loved to do the loop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time, maybe I can join you two (mama and baby) on a long walk at Discovery next month!! I CAN'T WAIT - WOOHOO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are making want to get out of Chicago...and would love to come see you guys!!! Thanks for keeping us all updated with the Blog. We prayed for you all yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete