Saturday, April 18, 2009

I am now a Dad

Even though Luca is still in the hospital I am getting my first real taste of parenthood. Yesterday afternoon Luca got to change floors. He is no longer in the neonatal intensive care unit but is a private room with bed, called the infant special care unit. Last night I spent my first night with Luca. Every three hours I did what every parent of a new born does. I woke up, changed him and fed him (9:30 pm, 12:30 am, 3:30 am, 6:30 am, 9:30 am,). I am now a Dad.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, John. Yes you are, and I know you will make a great one! I'm crying at thinking of you as a Dad. Welcome to sleepless nights!!! :) And when you're exhausted, just remember, "this too shall pass"! (I can't tell you how many times I have to tell myself that...sleep deprivation seems to build over the years.) Enjoy it! It goes so quickly. I look at Luca and am overwhelmed with how big Caeden already is.... Love you! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, you are not just a dad but a "super dad". I don't know of any dads who have taken all of the feeding times in one night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed you are! and a good one too
    from kimi

    ReplyDelete