Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Breeched baby and Casting for clubbed feet

I thought I would add a few more details that we know about and I haven't included before.
  • The baby is currently breeched (head up) which is why I have to have a c-section.
  • The baby's feet are both clubbed so he will have serial casts from his feet to the top of his thighs. Usually they cast about 24 hrs. after birth and every week the cast is changed to help straighten out his legs and feet. Usually this last for about 6-8 weeks.
  • His hips may or may not be dislocated, we won't know until he is born.
  • He will have splints for his hands.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so amazing how many similarities there are in our pregnancies. I'm having a C-section, but it's mostly because my baby's legs won't straighten out enough to go through the birth canal. Does the casting for club feet straighten out his legs, too? My doctors haven't really gone into much detail of what type of therapies we will be going through. Good luck with the C-section-are you nervous? I am a little mostly because I'm not sure if my husband will be here for it. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete