Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Visit with Dad Walker


John and I had a great visit with dad Walker two weekends ago. He flew in on Thursday and we went for a walk at Lincoln Park and then had dinner with Jess, Kimi, and Layna. Saturday night we enjoyed a play at Taproot Theater called Tuesdays with Morrie; which was a very well done drama with lots of humor, reflection on life, and tenderness. Sunday John and Harry went on a fishing trip on Lake Washington in the canoe. Unfortunately, they didn't catch any fish but had a good time on the Lake. We ended the evening with burgers on the grill. Here is a picture of us walking at Lincoln Park. You can see the ferry behind us. Thanks again for coming, Dad.

1 comment:

  1. Katie and John,

    I started my trip about the time you started your blog so I have not had much chance to comment, although I have had a chance to look at it at other peoples' houses. I just wanted you to know that it was a great idea and I have appreciated you keeping us up to date. You have done a great job! By the way what happened to the beard that John was going to grow until the baby came? It looks like it got shorter in the pictures rather than longer. Love you two and am still praying for God's love and strength to be very evident in your lives during these trying times.
    Mom Walker

    ReplyDelete