Saturday, February 4, 2012

Questions during dinner

I have always heard that family dinners are a great way to promote conversation, relationship, and vocabulary with your children. John and I personally experienced this wonderful reality while growing up which we plan to continue with our children. So, John, Luca, and I were having dinner tonight and Luca asked, "How did the baby get into your tummy, Mommy?" and "How is the baby going to pop out of your tummy?" "Where is she going to come out of?" Quite the conversation with our two year old. He is full of deep thinking! I am sure you would have been entertained to be there and hear our discussion around how babies are made. You never know what your next dinner conversation will be....

2 comments:

  1. He is a deep thinker indeed! Can you pass along the child-approved answers you and John came up with so Eric and I can be ready for Sophia asking us someday? :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these questions from our girls...our answers? "The baby got in Mommy's tummy when Daddy gave Mommy a VERY TIGHT squeeze-hug!" Then they will hug me tightly and say, "You mean, like this?" About the baby coming out, my sister-in-law, with 8 kids, tells them, "The baby comes out between Mommy's legs" and her kids asked, "Doesn't that hurt?" and she said, "Oh you bet it does! ;o). Finally, we always ask our kids where THEY think the baby will pop out of and inevitably it leads to the "belly-button" answers, which is a great way to get them off-track for a few years! ;o)

    ReplyDelete