Thursday, February 9, 2012

Introducing Juliette Elizabeth Walker

 These pictures were before the labor began!






We had our baby. Juliette Elizabeth Walker was born on Feb. 9th at 1:11 pm. My water started leaking on Tues at midnight and I began getting induced at 6 pm on Wednesday night....so about 19 hours after they began inducing me, Juliette was born. I was very thankful to get an epidural early on in the delivery process! We are so glad she is here and glad that I was able to have a v-bac and not a c-section. She is just perfect and weighs 6 pounds 9 ounces, and is 19 inches long. She began breastfeeding right after delivery and is doing beautifully with that as well. Luca got to come to the hospital briefly to meet her this evening. We are excited to go home tomorrow and begin life as a family of four!

10 comments:

  1. These pictures brought tears of JOY to my eyes - what a special miracle of life entered the world today! Juliet Elizabeth, we love you and are so happy you are here! I love the little bumblebee newborn outfit (Sophia never got to wear it...too small!) what a sweet little peanut Juliet is!! Katie you are so amazing and strong - I am such a proud sister!! I love the picture of you and John looking at each other like 'let's do this....our baby girl is coming'
    great job capturing it all these special moments on film.
    Love to all of you tonight. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You're going to LOVE a family of FOUR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it Katie! Congrats to your family. Juliet is beautiful (and I love her name)! So happy for you guys and can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie- I am so glad everything went well! She looks like a little peanut! So cute, I love the name, it goes so good with Luca! We hope you are feeling good! We are all thinking about you all! Love, Julie and the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!!!!!!! Again, congratulations!!!! She was born into a beautiful family and I'm so excited for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! It looks like you are all doing so well. Luca looks adorable in these pics. I bet he is so proud to be a big brother. I wish I could come visit you guys. Congrats !!!! Love, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juliet is so lovely...what a sweet handful of joy. YOU did it!
    You and John made a super team and we are so proud of all 4 of you. Luca-Dude is beaming with pride and he's ready to teach her the ropes. So special..every moment.
    Love, Popeye & Cozy Nana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, she is so beautiful and I love her name. I can't wait until I get to see her this summer! Blessings on your recovery. May you have lots of sweet bonding time with your daughter. With love, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Luca's face in the family pics! He is an adorable, spunky guy and I cannot WAIT to see what God does with that precious, precocious spirit! I'm sure little Juliet will keep him on his toes someday, too!
    Love you,
    Michelle ;o)

    ReplyDelete