Friday, November 18, 2011

Casting

We went in to Children's for Luca's last cast. Side note: When we pulled in to Children's Luca asked, "is Matthew at this hospital  Can I go see him?" I explained that Matthew lives in Chicago which is far away and is in a different hospital there. Luca was disappointed this morning that he could not go on the airplane with Daddy to go visit Matthew, of course.
Back to Casting:
 I told Luca this morning that this next cast was going to be on longer (2 weeks) and to pick a color he really liked. He had decided on purple again. (I think purple was my personal favorite), anyway, we did the cast removal routine, put the ear muffs on (so he couldn't hear the sound of the cast saw) and the old one came off. I cleaned his foot and got it ready for the new AFO's to be molded. Greg, the great guy who makes Luca's AFO's, came in and tried his old ones on him. He thought they still fit pretty well. Then Dr. Mosca came in and checked out Luca's feet and his AFO's. Dr. Mosca said, "These still fit great and have great position." I don't need to cast him. I was shocked. Luca said, "Thank you Dr. Mosca."
Greg left the casting room to put new straps on Luca's AFO's and I got our things together. Greg came back about 10 mins. later, put Luca's AFO's on and I told Luca, "time to go." Luca said, "I want my cast, and then louder and louder, "I WANT MY CAST." This kid could be the poster child for the cast room. He did not want to leave without his purple cast. That is what he sat quietly in the backseat of the car for 45 mins. to get here to do right? I told Luca, he didn't need a cast and put him in the wagon we were using. He got over it quickly but I cracks me up to no end. I am very grateful for no casts and I can't wait to give him a long bath this afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Long Purple knee-high Soccer Socks for Luca will make him happy to have both feet covered in purple! Tell him they are a gift from Popeye and I'll reimburse you in a few weeks. Praying for Mathew and all the family in Chicago.
    Popeye

    ReplyDelete