Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Swimming lessons

Luca started swimming lessons last week. Tonight was his second class. He asked me to not put my bathing suit on this time and to sit with all the other grown-ups in the bleachers. Bravely I did just that.
Luca is loving the water. He floated on his back today without the teacher holding on to him. Luca isn't huge fan of putting his head in the water or getting splashed, but is doing ok with that part to. When the teacher asked him to put his face in the water, he said, "no thanks, I don't want to do that again." But then he did. It is so much fun to me that Luca can be in a typical class and see him do so well in the water. Today was only his second class and floating unassisted. I am such a proud parent! I would have no idea how to teach Luca how to swim and it is really fun to get to SIT AND WATCH someone else who knows how to do it. Thank you teacher Mitchell.

Here are a picture from the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment