Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Back to Sunday and School

I didn't get a chance to tell you all about my first day back to work with two children. This past Sunday I was all ready for work. I had a SPU gal coming to watch both kids and I was prepared, with milk for Juliette ready in the fridge, and a painfully written out detailed morning schedule for both kids. I was waiting at the door 7:15 am, both kids were asleep, coffee in hand, ready to go...7:20, 7:25, 7:30...ummmm this is getting late. I hope my sitter didn't over sleep, 7:35 am, OK, I thought, time for plan B, what IS plan B? I remembered my friend Jen had offered to watch the kids so I called her, and asked sheepishly, "Can I bring Luca to your house for the morning, in like... five minutes?" She was so gracious and said, "Sure!" (she even offered to watch both kids) but ended up bringing Juliette to church with me. Luca had a BLAST, of course, going with the Lee family to West Seattle church and having lunch with them. They have two adorable little boys his age. I arrived at their house after church and Luca barely looked up and said, "mom, I am busy digging in the dirt, i can't go now." So precious! Thanks again Jen. It was a little stressful to start back to work that way (esp. with 4 hours of sleep the night before...Juliette was responsible for that one:) But Jen made it possible!
Today was my first day back in the office and it was great. Luca was in school and John was home with the kids. I was gone for 7 hours and it was the longest I had been away from Juliette since her birth. It was so weird not to have to take care of any children while I was at work and I got SO much done!

 (can you tell Luca is excited about school?)
Luca had great first day of school. The teacher called to tell us that he cried twice, once when a kid threw play-dough at him and the other time because he did not want to leave school to go home. He made a new friend named Madeline and got to even sit next to her on the bus ride home. We haven't gotten too much other info. out of him but he seemed to have a really good time.

3 comments:

  1. Woah! I can't believe Luca is in school already! Madeline is a lucky girl to be friends with Luca!

    Way to be ingenuitive (sp?) about how to deal with your sitter's mistake. Glad you got to go for a jog lately, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanking God for good friends like Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Sorry about your stressful 1st day back at work! But isn't amazing how much you can get accomplished on work days? Makes me feel normal again!

    ReplyDelete