Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Honesty

There is a lot to be said for being honest, honest with others, and with yourself. I spent some time and tears reading through a blog tonight called Team Ewan. Ewan, mom, Kristen shares her heart and story of her dear son, who lived only a short time. She shares honestly about her faith, pain, hurt, struggle, fears, joy, and life. http://www.team-ewan.com
I know there are a lot of different people who follow Luca's blog and I write to this unknown audience, wanting to make sure I don't step on anyone's toes. So I write mostly about all the good stuff, the light stuff, the things that are easy to celebrate (and with Luca there are A LOT) of those. But I also shield my blog and readers from some of the hard stuff. I decided a while ago that I want everyone to enjoy reading it but I realize that you wouldn't truly know Luca's story (or ours) if you didn't know the pain too. John said it well the other day, "you don't truly know joy until you know pain"
I am going to try to be more open and well rounded. I don' t want to give a false image of rose colored classes, that raising a child with special needs is just easy and delightful all the time. There are huge joys and lots of obstacles. So I am going to try to put my people pleasing ways behind me and write from the heart. If you don't like it, that is ok, there will still be cute picture of Luca on it for you to enjoy:)

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for your willingness to be honest, Katie. We will all learn a lot from it - from the fullness of hope & pain that is life. I love you! Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. It`s a beautiful thing to see God working in you Katie and in your family through Luca. I have been following your blog since your dad told me about Luca and another surgery he was about to embark on. I have no idea what it must be like for you and your family, but I promise you I can see the light of hope and joy shining in your family, through Luca, especially through your writing. Luca is God`s gift of light to each of you...thanks for sharing him with us! Lesley Wilkinson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to hear the happy stuff and the hard stuff, Katie, to know YOU. I wish I could be there with you through both. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, Katie! Thanks for sharing this journey with us all...wish we were closer to actually do life together. Know that I think about and pray for you guys a lot. Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Brooke. Thanks for all your posts, whatever they are.
    (From France)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm proud of you, Katie, for your willingness to be open! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your willingness to share more of your story. God is at work in it ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie, blessings to you through the ups and downs, highs and lows, laughs and cries. I'll still be reading!

    (And I love that pre-Christmas train set!)

    ReplyDelete