Monday, September 17, 2012

First day of school at Boren preschool

 Looking for the bus, "I can't see it yet..."
 Luca, "Mom and Dad, my bus is here!"
Luca, "I am so excited to ride the school bus and go to school"

Luca began school at Boren today. Boren is an elementary school with one preschool classroom for kids with special needs and a few typically developing peers. Luca will receive OT and PT services there as well.  Luca was outside this morning before the bus came, so excited to start the new year! I (Katie) rode on the bus with him and spent the first morning helping out in the classroom. It was great to meet the teachers and other kids. Luca is going to have a great year. Wonderful teachers and kids. He has a friend from church, Lily there too, as a peer model which is so great. The school is only 2 miles from our house. This week they are learning about transportation! When the teacher said, "As anyone been on an airplane before?" Luca said, "I have, lots of times, I went to Germany on an airplane." A few heads turned...this kid is hilarious!

1 comment: