Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spelling Change

Juliet's birth certificate arrived the other day and stated my name was Katherine JAY Adams (maiden name) instead of Katherine JOY Adams. So we had to correct that and while we were changing things I got to thinking about how I was still unsettled about the spelling of Juliet. We decided to spell her name that way because it is shorter and I hoped would get misspelled less than Juliette but the truth is I really prefer Juliette. SO I asked John what he thought about changing the spelling and he said he didn't care either way about the spelling and just really loves her name. I know it is very unconventional to change a name or spelling of a name at six weeks old but that is what I have done, sorry for the confusion. I re-introduce to you, Juliette Elizabeth Walker
(I got my new camera today so updated pictures of Juliette will be coming soon...)

2 comments:

  1. We loved the old spelling & love just as much the new way. The ...ette is very "French" ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We almost changed the spelling of one of our kids' names, and i can't even remember which one...so, in a few years you'll have forgotten that you thought it was a bit unconventional to do so, don't worry. :) I like the new spelling better!

    ReplyDelete