Sunday, June 5, 2011

1/2 Marathon













Mari and I had great time running the 1/2 marathon + 1 mile= 14.2 miles! It was a beautiful run around Lake Timothy in Oregon! We drove down to Portland on Friday, spent the night at our friend, Andrew David's parents house and then drove 78 miles into the wilderness on Sat. morning. The race started at 10 am. There were 300 runners on a single track trail. The trail was rocky, rooty and had lots of twists and turns. I found out that a trail run definitely works different muscles and was very different then a road race! My legs were very sore by the last few miles! The views of the lake, and Mt. Hood were absolutely stunning! Mari, when are we doing our next one? :)
PS We took the running shots after the 1/2 was over and we had changed into our flip-flops.

5 comments:

  1. It is an understatement to say that I am so impressed and equally jealous!! Congratulations...what an accomplishment...and the pictures look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whohooo!! Congrats Katie!!!! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! I'm jealous of your knees. I am going to get an MRI this weekend to see if my ACL is retorn. By the way . . . who is your running partner? Is she single?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete