Thursday, July 9, 2009

Update

I want to give you an update on Luca's casting process. He has not been in casts since mid-June because they were not effective due to the tightness of his tendons. He is having surgery on Aug. 4th. Below is a description on the surgery.

Heel Cord Release

The doctor will make a small incision in the back of Luca's legs just above my ankles, known as heel cord tenotomy, heel cord release or Achilles tendon release. He will also have a tendon on the bottom of his feet cut so that his foot can be flattened. It is usually done under general anesthesia, but he will get to come home the same day.

This procedure allowed my feet to come back up, since they were in the drop position. After this procedure, Luca will wear a cast for about 8-12 weeks. He will then have the cord release again to keep his foot in the right position.

3 comments:

  1. Have the surgery on my calendar. Will be praying for all 3 of you. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for Luca's surgery...for the doctors, for Luca, and for both of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking of you guys! I'm sorry Luca needs surgery!

    ReplyDelete