Saturday, May 23, 2009

What a week



A lot has happened this week.

The low lights included:
  • me (Katie) getting horribly sick with mastitis (a breast infection) which is luckily not contagious as it feels like the swine flu. I could not get out of bed for two days, had the fever, chills, the works. Thankfully with modern medicine and time it has passed.
  • Luca getting too tight of casts put on Thursday and screaming all day.
Highlights included
  • AUNT BETSY coming on Tuesday (perfect timing, and the most wonderful sister in the world caring for me, Luca, and John since she stepped off the airplane).
  • Luca getting new casts that he could tolerate on Friday.
  • A wonderful shower at church thrown by my amazing co-worker, Mary Maulding!!!
  • Added bonus:we have been having amazing warm weather. It was sunny and 78 today!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for sisters!
    At least you and John now know that if Luca screams and cries all day it is time to rep off the casts!
    Love you, Nicky & Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, so glad you are feeling better. Glad Luca is doing better with the casts too. I can't believe how big he is getting and cuter every day! His smile in the picture with Mari holding him is adorable. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie-
    I am glad you are feeling better, I was happy to read that Betsy is there to help you and take good care of you! There is nothing like a great sister!! Luca is adorable, I can't wait to meet him. Hope you guys have a better week.. Sorry to read about your car, glad you are okay.
    Love, Julie

    ReplyDelete