Wednesday, May 27, 2009

An Update



Luca got new casts on today. He also got new splints made for his wrists. He had out grown the old ones. Overall, the appointments were successful but generally discouraging. The OT told us were were not stretching Luca enough and taught us at least four new stretches we have never even done. I guess we needed a kick in the pants.
The chief orthopedic surgeon at Children's did the casting today and used the term "god awfull" when refering to Luca's feet. Where's the bedside maner?

The good news, we got the car window fixed. The people that stole and used the credit card got caught on video at the pawn shop. I hope they get busted (they also spent our $200 gift card at target).

8 comments:

  1. "God is a refuge & strength, an ever-present help".
    We pray the Lord will reveal more of Himself through human weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's to hoping for a more encouraging and better week! we love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh guys, you must be so frustrated. I'm so sorry. Thank you for sharring and being honest and letting us know what you're going through.

    I know that for me, it's one thing to accept what is "clear" as being God's Sovereign will, i.e. things we have no control over. But it seems to be so hard to remember that human error and (dumb doctors) are part of God's Sovereignty as well. In fact, I'm having a hard time accepting it right now for Luca, so I can't imagine how you're feeling. And so we are praying more for you, and pray that you will continue to lean on Him. I guess Jay summarized it better than I did. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sure looks handsome though! And big! And alert, and happy. So keep up the good work, and glad Betsy's there to help you do those now stretches! You are raising one beautiful boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, one more thing. :) My kids would like more videos. Keelson LOVES them. In fact we had to go back and look at every single picture lately. If we talk about Luca, he chimes in, "No, Luca ELLIS!" Caeden loves him and points and talks to him in the pictures...I guess b/c he's her size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying you'll soon see the "God causes all things to work together for good" (Romans 8:28) in this situation.

    Maybe if you contact Target, they'll reimburse your gift card?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I love him! He is so cute!! Is that the tee me and Ju got him Katie? Cute Pic Betsy!! Hope you guys had a great time together.

    ReplyDelete