Sunday, May 22, 2011

Proud of myself

I am going to bed tonight feeling more ready for the 1/2 marathon in June 3rd. Mari and I ran 10 miles this afternoon together. It was just like what I was dreaming about before I started training for this 1/2. Being able to just keep running. (And for a while there in March I thought it would never happen.) We ran about 10 min. pace for for an hour and 40 mins. I was grateful that my parents could care for Luca this morning while I worked and during the run. Luca would not have sat that long in the jogger and I sure am glad I didn't have to push him:) I am grateful for this chance to run a long distance again after a long three years.
My last 1/2 marathon was April 13th, 2008. (almost exactly one year before Luca was born.)
This upcoming 1/2 on June 3rd sounds really cool. It is a trail run outside of Portland around a lake. Mari and I leave here on Friday and the run is Sat. morning. I am excited and so glad Mari is running and training with me. Friendship is a gift!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, Katie! Does that mean baby #2 June 5, 2012?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best. Wishing I were there to run with you...or babysit the precious little guy! Dad W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an amazing woman Katie. I just did my first work out with Bob in, well, 2 yrs...and I am pathetically soar! :)

    ReplyDelete