Monday, February 22, 2010

New casts......and before & after pictures

Luca's feet at birth and before any casts
Now after surgery and 20+ castings and AFO's


We went to an appointment with Dr. Mosca on Wed. of this last week. He was pleased at how Luca's feet had thinned out and said he is ready for a new series of casts to try to further correct his feet. The casting will be begin on March 15th. He said we will know within a few weeks if the casting is working, if not the next step is surgery.
I am glad we have some time to prepare but it is something I am dreading. It has been so nice to have break from the casting and weekly visits to Children's. Please pray that Luca's feet would respond to the casting and that he somehow adapts to being restricted again in the long leg casts. I am glad it is now and not once he has learned how to walk. Dr. Mosca reminded us again of how pleased and surprised at how great his feet look right now, but we still have a ways to go till they are fully corrected. I put some before and after pictures so you can marvel at the progress we have made so far:)

2 comments:

  1. Hello...I am new to blogspot...and when I clicked "next blog" I found you next door to mine. As soon as I saw the Luca's little foot...I stopped! My son, Austin (2 yr old), was born with ulnar dimelia...they call it "exceedingly rare". hmmm...
    We had no idea until he was born. It took 3 months to get a diagnosis...he was born with seven fingers. no thumb. and totally clubbed right hand. We did splinting for the first year and then polycization surgery. He is a trooper as I can see Luca is also! Your story is beautiful and thank you for sharing. Keep an eye next door...I hope to post about Austin when the time is right:)
    -Tenneil at dirtyhands-beautfullife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The before and after pics are amazing you guys! Wow, what a change. We'll definitely be praying for this new casting process. We love you and think/talk about you often.

    ReplyDelete